Turkish Citizenship by investment
Turkish Government has passed a relatively new law which makes it very easy for foreign nationals to acquire Turkish citizenship. Our cooperation partner Law Firms based in Istanbul Turkey assist clients from all over the worlds, including Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, China, Hong Kong during the process of acquiring Turkish citizenship.
Our Partner Law Firms provides consulting services to clients who wish to apply to Turkish citizenship by Investment. Our Partner Law Firm has partnerships with developers of reputable projects in Turkey to provide the investors with a portfolio of real-estate projects (including residential, office, retail, and hotels). Furthermore, Our Partner Law Firm guides investors through the procedures to be fulfilled during the process of acquiring citizenship.
Advantages of Acquiring Turkish Citizenship by Investment
- Along with the applicant, his / her spouse and children under 18 qualify to Turkish citizenship
- Passport delivered quickly within 2-6 months and no need for a minimum residency period
- Allows dual citizenship
- Visa-free to 77 countries easier entrance rights to all 26 Schengen Zone Countries (+ prospective visa-free travel to EU)
Current law allows foreign nationals to obtain Turkish Citizenship if they:
purchase an immovable property in the value of at least USD 400,000 or an equivalent amount in another currency or Turkish Lira with an annotation on the land registration certificate of commitment not to sell the property for three years ; OR
- deposit at least USD 500,000 or an equivalent amount in another currency or Turkish Lira which shall be blocked for three years and obtained a certificate of conformity from the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency; OR
- make fixed capital investment of at least USD 500,000 or an equivalent amount in another currency or Turkish Lira; OR
- employ at least 50 employees; OR
- purchase public borrowing instruments in the value of at least USD 500,000 or an equivalent amount in another currency or Turkish Lira and make commitment to hold these instruments for three years; OR
- purchase a real estate investment fund participation share or venture capital investment fund participation in the value of at least USD 500,000 or an equivalent amount in another currency or Turkish Lira and commit to hold these participation shares for three-years.
The acquisition of Turkish citizenship takes about 2-6 months upon purchase of an immovable property in the value of at least USD 250,000. The law allows the candidate to buy more than one immovable property, as long as the total value of these immovables hits the threshold of USD 250,000. However, the candidate cannot sell the immovable property for 3 years.
If the candidate is not interested in purchasing an immovable property, he/she could apply to Turkish citizenship simply by depositing USD 500.000 to an account with Turkish bank in Turkey and signing an undertaking to keep this amount in the bank for a period of 3 years.
The applicant does not have to wait 3 years to apply to Turkish citizenship. The acquisition of Turkish citizenship takes only 2 to 6 months following the deposit of USD 500.000 to a Turkish bank. The law does not prohibit the candidate to withdraw his money during this 3 year period; but if he/she withdraws the money, his/her citizenship will be cancelled. In this option, all the applicant has to do is to keep his money in a Turkish bank.
For more detailed information about conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship, please contact our law firm. We will connect you directly with our cooperation partner in the heart of Istanbul, Turkey.
We are a multilingual, international and interdisciplinary team. For questions or to set up an initial call, call us or send an email via our Contact form.